Friday, June 10, 2011

Posted by Unknown | File under :
Photobucket 

After my husband, my sister is my favorite person in the whole wide world; she has been my confidant, best friend, and partner in crime my whole entire life. When we are together our bellies are in constant pain from the unstoppable laughter. She is the only person who can read my thoughts and understand my feelings even when unspoken. 

Today she turns 26 and I wish I was around to celebrate with her, she's such an outstanding woman of God. I admire her courage and ability to stand up for what is right, I admire her love for people and how balanced her approach to life is; she knows how much to give and how to protect her heart, I admire her intelligence and tick skin, I almost envy her strength and I am constantly in awe of her great wisdom. I really really love my sister, when I think of her my heart fills up with joy and a hint of sadness since she is so far away and I don't get to see her more often.

I wish for this year to be one of amazing adventures, a year in which the Lord takes her places she never dreamed of being, and where He even takes her to a few that have filled her desires for a while now. I want it to be a year full of love and discovery and growth, I pray this year she finds herself swimming in an abundance of favor and blessing, and I pray her love for God will grow daily and she will look at Him every morning with enamored eyes and a willing heart. 

I love you Maff, I am sorry I am not there to celebrate with you, I thank God every day because Mom and Dad had you and I got to spend my first 24 years of life sitting next to you at the breakfast table; you are the best little sister anyone could have asked for and God was far too generous with me when He decided I got to call you my partner in crime for life. Happy Birthday!

0 comments:

Post a Comment